The Wiltshire Community Safety Partnership works to address community safety issues across the county. Its members include Wiltshire Police, Wiltshire Police Authority, Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service, Wiltshire Probation Trust, the Youth Offending Service, NHS Wiltshire and Wiltshire Council.
Community Safety is a co-ordinated approach to tackling crime and disorder, taking into account what causes people to commit crime as well as helping people in communities to feel less vulnerable.
The Wiltshire Community Safety Partnership (WCSP) priorities are:
- Tackling anti-social behaviour and improving the street scene.
- Reducing violent crime including domestic abuse.
- Reducing fires and road casualties.
- Reducing the harm caused by substance misuse (drugs and alcohol).
The Partnership’s Plan includes the following cross cutting themes:
- Reducing the risks of people becoming victims of crime.
- Reducing the risk of young people offending for the first time or deterring them from repeat offending.
- Effectively tackling those prolific, priority and repeat offenders who disproportionately cause the most crime and upset in our communities.
Reducing those serious acquisitive crimes such as burglary, theft, robbery and vehicle crime, which have the most negative impact on our communities.